How to Dye Synthetic Hair with Spray Paint!
After much Google research, it seemed like the only options for dying synthetic hair were to either use fabric dye or go to some other ridiculous, messy extreme. Well see, what had happened was (lol) is that the color of the braids that I had put in was wayyyy too bright for my skin complexion. I like a little color, but it was a brassy blonde. I can't even find the words to explain how off the color was! It was so bad that I didn't even take a picture.
So, after much frustration with the Google search, I had a bright idea--waterproof spray paint designed for plastic furniture in black! So, what I did was:
1. Place an old towel over my shoulders and section the hair off, placing part of the towel behind the braids to avoid spraying my face or ears
2. Spray in bursts and avoid your natural hair
3. After spraying, wrap braids in a towel and tie to let dry
4. After about 15 minutes or so (or however long the can says it takes for the spray paint to dry), take the towel down. The hair should be dry. I had on blue gloves when I took the towel down and there was no residue on the gloves!
5. Use acetone nail polish remover to remove any mishaps on ears, fingers, face, etc.
My head did smell faintly of spray paint for a few days, but it was definitely worth it!